Friday 15 July 2011

GRAB THE KIDS BOARD BOOK & LET'S GET ALTERING

Hi all,
Kat here, AKA Kat's craft creations
(sorry I am really naff at naming posts)
So onto my second project of the month of July

we are still focusing on Baubles & Buttons
you can get them for a great price HERE

I have made an altered board book
(I love how inexpensive & easy to make these are)

here it is,

I started with a Kids board book & glued book pages to the covers


then painted it with black acrylic paint dabber
let it dry,
I then stamped with clear embossing powder &
(I love these backgrounds)


to get the covers like this,


I then took my perfect pearls powders
& a wet paint brush,
& went messily over it,


waited about a minute then took a damp tissue
& rubbed it over the embossed areas to remove it,


so it finished up with a shiny metallic effect,


for the inside I painted 2 coats of Claudine Hellmuth Gesso
to half the pages,& then glued book pages to the other half
ready for altering,


to embellish I used
I tied the pearls to some fibers with metal butterflies
& tied that to a paper clip
(so it could be easily removed from the spine
when working on the inside of the book)


I used scraps of paper,card & metal, with Tim's Heart Wings Die
To decorate the front & added the


Hope you like it!
I'll be back on the 25th with my next project,

thanks for having me,
Kat x.


12 comments:

Artyjen said...

Classy cover...Fabby!
xoxo Sioux

Minxy said...

Absolutely stunning, love the texture x

Kirsten Alicia said...

Love it, it's fab.

slbt17 said...

love it Kat!
Sandra ltb

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous book :))

craftytrog said...

Stunning book cover Kat! Very inspiring,love the techniques you used! xx

Neil said...

Brilliant alteration, thanks for sharing; especially since I have just picked up a cheap kids jigsaw book ready to go alter crazy!

Von said...

Love it !!!

whyducks said...

Great work!

Kathy Eddy said...

Amazing piece Kat! Great job on it.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Ab fabulous book, looks really fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Great inspiration for book covers, I have a board book on the and was undecided what to do with the covers.......... will give this technique a try. Thanks for all the details and for sharing.

Maggie