Sunday 27 February 2011

Flying on the wings of love! by Nicky Cresswell

Hello my blogland lovelies, 
Minxy in the house once more spreading yet more love
This time in the form of a card
I started by making a little motherboard out of tissue paper & old book pages coloured with fire brink distress ink stuck randomly onto a piece of cartridge paper with multi medium.
I then over stamped with the hearts background stamp in black archival and fire brick.
When dry a tore a piece from the motherboard the size i needed, and punched a checkerboard along one side, i also did the same to a piece of red card.
I diecut a heart in red which i coated with glossy accents,  and wings in gold mirror card using the TH die, I embossed the wings with Tims checkerboard folder and dirtied up using a black dabber.
I assembled and finished with the phrase punched out using my dymo label maker.
Don't forget you still have today and tomorrow to get in your 'Love' challenge entries.
Oh Right... i almost forgot.. 
the winner of the last piece i blogged HERE goes to..
Congrats hun, please mail me {link on my blog}with your snail mail and i'll get that in the post for you during the week x 
Untill next time, Stay Inky xx

6 comments:

Ohhh Snap said...

Beautiful piece! And oh I didn't know about the checkerboard folders. TFS :D

Shazza said...

this is gorgeous Minxy x

Sid said...

Fab card !!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your wings of love are fantastic.... and... how cool, I can't believe it, I won your wonderful piece. Yippieh :)

Ann said...

Another gorgeous Minxy creation!! Love your card Nicky xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Nicky, I love your background technique! xxx